|Sauvignon Blanc, Mello Vineyard
This Tamber Bey Sauvignon Blanc is from a sourced vineyard in the Northern bench of the Yountville Appellation in Napa valley, noted for it’s rocky and mineral rich soils. Winemaker Frederic Delivert developed a unique aging and barrel program for this wine, aging 70% of the wine for six months in Acacia wood barrels and the other 30% in stainless steel. The use of new Acacia wood barrels respects the elegance of the Sauvignon Blanc fruit, and it brings a unique character feeling to the palate.
This luscious Dijon clone Chardonnay is aged in 100% stainless steel, hence the term “unoaked.” The fermentation in stainless steel preserves all of the intensity of the fruit in this wine. The primary aromas are dominated by banana and pear, and then evolve into apple and white flower notes. This is a very fresh and bright wine. In addition to its classic fruitiness, there is a mineral layer (crushed quartz stones) and a little bit of yeastiness that adds complexity. The finish is long, with apple and white peach notes.
|Cabernet Sauvignon, Deux Chevaux Vineyards
A deep, dark nose, with notes of cassis, blueberry, sweet vanilla, pie crust and a light smokiness. The mouthfeel is masculine, with blueberry and black stone fruit, ground coffee and tar. The finish delivers cinnamon spice, raspberry seed, turmeric and cold ash. The Deux Chevaux Vineyard is a 60-acre vineyard situated in the Yountville Appellation, northeast of the town of Yountville. The vineyard is planted with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc and Chardonnay. Deux Chevaux is French for “two horses,” the namesake of Tamber Bey.
|Rabicano (Bordeaux Blend)
This wine is complex and reflects the blending of the four varietals; very elegant and fragrant. The nose layers black licorice, flowers, crushed strawberry, beef bouillon, a hint of soy sauce, and cedar. The mouth is silky; a complete wine from beginning to end. Subtle blueberry and blackberry notes reveal a touch of cola, vanilla and minerality.
Tamber Bey's estate-grown Bordeaux-blend wine, Rabicano (pronounced Rab-i-caw-no), is a masterful blend that exhibits the unique traits of the Deux Chevaux Vineyard, A strong core of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot with the bolstering power of Petit Verdot and the aromatics of Cabernet Franc.
|Pinot Noir, Sun Chase Vineyard
The 2014 Sun Chase Vineyard Pinot Noir possesses an elegant nose of red berries complimented by floral perfume notes and a hint of spices with orange rind. The mouthfeel is supple, with nuanced flavors of red fruit, (cherry and pomegranate) and clay mineral notes. This wine is more structured than the previous vintages and shows a little bit of a herbaceous quality. The long-lasting finish mixes roasted nuts, cola and light cinnamon.
|Merlot, Deux Chevaux Vineyard
The nose blends such fleshy fruits as black cherry and plum with notes of blonde tobacco and dry fig. The mouthfeel of this wine is big and fleshy, and packed with dark stone fruit and an essence of vanilla. The floral finish lingers with mineral notes.
|Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville Estate
The Tamber Bey Oakville Estate is located at the southern end of Napa Valley’s famous Oakville appellation, just north of Yountville. It has gravel/loam soils that are relatively shallow and well suited to Cabernet. The site enjoys early morning fog and late afternoon breezes influenced by the San Francisco Bay to the south. To encourage competition for sun, water and nutrients, Tamber Bey planted more than 9,500 vines in a tight planting formation on 3 acres.